1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal Information is information concerning a living individual falling under any of the following categories:
(a) Information collected through Site that includes name, address, occupation, company, position, telephone number, email address, or any other information that may enable identification of specific individuals;
(b) Information collected through Cookies that can store information such as IP addresses, navigational data, server information, data transfer times, user preferences, or any other information;
(c) Information collected through other methods, such as IP addresses, Log Data or any other methods to identify server problems, improve site content, and compile aggregated statistic about Site usage and click-stream data;
(d) Information that by itself does not enable identification of specific individuals, but that can be easily collated with other information and thereby enable identification of specific individuals; or
(e) Information that includes individual identification codes of specific individuals.
2. Acquisition and Purpose of Use of Personal Information
(1) TOSTEM Indonesia will acquire your Personal Information legitimately and appropriately, and will use the same within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes:
(a) For the purpose of providing to you (i) products such as residential building materials, commercial building materials, exterior products, and residential equipment of TOSTEM (TOSTEMs Products), and (ii) TOSTEMs services;
(b) For the purpose of providing materials or catalogs relating to TOSTEMs Products and TOSTEMs services that you have requested;
(c) For the purpose of providing plans on TOSTEM Products and TOSTEMs services to you;
(d) For the purpose of providing to you information, including newsletter and/or mail magazines, on TOSTEMs Products and TOSTEMs services, by means such as direct or electronic mail;
(e) For the purpose of delivering campaign gifts or other forms of gifts to you;
(f) For the purpose of introducing TOSTEMs partners;
(g) For the purpose of investigating your usage and satisfaction of TOSTEMs Products and TOSTEMs services;
(h) For the purpose of answering your comments or requests concerning TOSTEM, TOSTEMs Products or TOSTEMs services;
(i) For the purpose of providing or undertaking after-sales services or maintenance of TOSTEMs Products; or
(j) For the purpose of providing your Personal Information to third parties in order to achieve any of the purposes mentioned under (a) through (i) above.
(2) In the event that your Personal Information is required to be used for a purpose other than the purposes set forth in the preceding paragraph, with the exception of the following cases, your Personal Information may be used on obtaining your prior consent by informing you of the purposes of use of your Personal Information:
(a) Where it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
(b) Where it is specially necessary for the improvement of public facilities or fostering healthy children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
(c) Where it is necessary to cooperate with a government organization, local authority or a person authorized by such body so that legally prescribed tasks can be executed, and where there is concern that obtaining your consent may hinder execution of the particular task; or
(d) Where required by laws and regulations.
(3) TOSTEM Indonesia may change the purpose of use of your Personal Information relevant to the purposes of use provided in Section 1. and within a scope deemed reasonable. In the event that the purpose of use is changed, it will be announced on its website.
(4) In the event that you contact TOSTEM Indonesia with questions or comments, your call or other form of communication may be recorded. Such recordings may be used to verify the details of conversations and to better provide responsive services.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
(1) In the following cases, TOSTEM Indonesia may provide Personal Information to third parties, including LIXIL Corporations franchise or voluntary chains, its subsidiaries franchise or voluntary chains, and such other third party distributors of TOSTEMs Products (excluding third parties in foreign countries; hereinafter, the same applies in this paragraph):
(a) Where your prior consent is given;
(b) Where you cannot be individually identified;
(c) Where Personal Information is provided to subcontractors (including sub-subcontractors) following an entrustment of the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve any of the purposes listed in Section 2.(1) above;
(d) Where Personal Information is provided following a business transfer due to a merger or other reason;
(e) Where any of the cases provided in Section 2. (2) (a) to (d) exist.
(2) Notwithstanding that none of the provisions in the preceding paragraph apply, TOSTEM Indonesia may provide Personal Information (excluding special care-required personal information; hereinafter, the same applies in this paragraph) to third parties (excluding third parties in foreign countries; hereinafter, the same applies in this paragraph) within the following scope, on notifying the Personal Information Protection Commission of such provision:
(a) Items of Personal Information that may be provided to third parties in accordance with this paragraph
(b) All your Personal Information, excluding Personal Information that you have specifically requested not to be provided.
(c) Methods of providing Personal Information to third parties in accordance with this paragraph
(d) Paper, electronic data transfer, by delivery through external recording medium, or by server access
(e) Methods of requesting cessation of the provision of Personal Information in accordance with this paragraph
(f) Where you request TOSTEM Indonesia to cease providing Personal Information to third parties in accordance with this paragraph, TOSTEM Indonesia will cease providing the Personal Information that you have identified without delay and in accordance with laws and regulations. For details on the methods of requesting cessation of the provision of Personal Data to third parties, directly contact TOSTEM Indonesia Office.
(3) TOSTEM Indonesia may provide Personal Information to third parties in foreign countries in any of the following cases:
(a) Where your prior consent is given to provide Personal Information to third parties in foreign countries; In such case, the recipients of Personal Information are limited to the following:
i. LIXIL Group Corporation’s subsidiaries and affiliated companies in foreign countries;
ii. LIXIL Corporations subsidiaries and affiliated companies in foreign countries; and
iii. TOSTEM’s subsidiaries and affiliated companies in foreign countries.
(b) Where you cannot be individually identified; or
(c) Where any of the cases provided in Section 2.(2)(a) to (d).
4. Management of Your Personal Information
(1) In addition to training and educating all TOSTEM Indonesias officers and employees, TOSTEM Indonesia will strive to appropriately manage your Personal Information, and will appoint responsible persons to handle your Personal Information.
(2) TOSTEM Indonesia will strive to maintain the security of our website, etc., by preventing unauthorized access to, or leakage or loss of, or damage, etc., to your Personal Information.
(3) TOSTEM Indonesia will conclude subcontracts with our subcontractors that include non-disclosure provisions. TOSTEM Indonesia will make efforts to have our subcontractors appropriately handle and secure your Personal Information, and will prevent the leakage, re-provision or disclosure to third parties, or use of Personal Information beyond the scope of purposes listed in Section 2. (1) above.
5. Disclosure, Correction, Addition, Deletion, Cessation of Use, Removal or Cessation of Provision of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
(1) Where you would like to disclose, correct, add to, delete Personal Information, have LIXIL cease the use of, remove or have TOSTEM Indonesia cease the provision of Personal Information, directly contact TOSTEM Indonesia Office. Excluding special procedures stipulated under laws or regulations from the perspective of preventing the leakage of Personal Information, and maintaining the accuracy and security thereof, TOSTEM Indonesia will conduct any necessary investigation. Only where it is confirmed that the request relates to your Personal Information will TOSTEM Indonesia disclose, correct, add to, delete, cease use of, removal or cease provision of Personal Information to third parties in accordance with laws and regulations. TOSTEM Indonesia will not comply with any request that does not satisfy the requirements for making a request as provided below or any request that is deemed unreasonable based on our investigation.
(2) TOSTEM Indonesia will contact you concerning compliance or non-compliance with your request for any of the matters mentioned in the preceding paragraph. In the event of non-compliance, TOSTEM Indonesia will strive to provide you with an explanation of the reasons therefore.
(1) On using TOSTEM Indonesias website, and registering your ID and password, please manage the same extremely carefully. TOSTEM Indonesia bears no responsibility for any damage that you may incur arising from any unauthorized use thereof. If you have registered falsified facts or information of another person, we may suspend use of your ID and password.
(2) TOSTEM Indonesia is not responsible for the protection, management or other handling of Personal Information and any other information on any third-party websites that have been linked to TOSTEM Indonesias website.
7. Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations, etc.
(a) Revising or deleting website content to improve customer satisfaction;
(b) Providing services that are customized to you individually; or
(c) Analyzing what interests you may have in any services, and
(d) Effective delivery of advertising on the website.
TOSTEM Indonesias website automatically encrypts and transmits information over the Internet, and communicates with secure sockets layer (SSL/TSL) to transmit forms. However, if you don’t use a browser which supports TLS version1.2 or later functionality of SSL/TSL may be adversely affected. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
11. Contact Us
PT. LIXIL Aluminium Indonesia
Jl. Let. Jend. S. Parman, Kav. 32-34, Jakarta
Updated February 1, 2021